Saturday 15 December 2012

2012: 10 of the best

I realise it's been a while since I've posted here, so what better way to kick back into gear with my top 10 cuts of 2012.

Now, I wouldn't exactly say this has been a glorious year for music (well, the music that I like) but there have been a number of remarkable releases from the likes of Chromatics, Liars, Twilight Sad and Actress.

Of course, there are lists upon lists currently floating about there in the internet for you to get your lugs stuck into. So, instead of clogging up the blogosphere with another album of the year piece, I thought it better to put together my favourite ten tracks of the last 12 months.

 To be honest, I'm still debating whether these are my favourite ten. For instance, I'm convinced Andrew Bird's glorious Orpheo Looks Back probably merits a spot; while Twilight Sad's gruesome Sick was a track that rolled over and over again in between my lugswhile I was commmuting to and from London during those dark nights.

But we are where we are. And at the moment, these are my ten favourite tunes from 2012...

Now (if there is anyone left reading this) what were your favourites?

No comments: