Saturday 12 March 2011

My photographic ineptitude...

Over the last six months I've been slowly getting to grips with using a camera. Much of this interest, admittedly, has stemmed from my wife being a professional photographer who was rather embarrassed by my total lack of ability with an SLR. But, it's definitely developing into a bit of a hobby.

In half a year, I've learned about the exposure triangle, depth of field, rule of thirds, post-production, textures, horizons and all other sorts of photography-related details that I never thought I'd know, or even care, about. I'm no where near Su's standards, and never will be, but I do have an added advantage of being critiqued and trained by a pro - which has definitely helped.

I'm also quite fortunate to be able to select from a range of professional lenses and bodies. We've talked about getting me an 'all rounder' lens but having gotten used to the big boy lenses I think I'd struggle to love it. I'm really a bit spoiled for choice.

Anyway, from time to time I'm going to start posting some of my favourite pictures on this blog. I know it's not music related but the blog could probably benefit a little from an added dash of my personality.

First up then, is a few pictures I took on a day trip to the coastal villages of Fife. It's an extraordinarily beautiful area of Scotland, blessed with some of the most breath-taking coastlines. I'm pretty sure it won't be long before me and Su make another trek beyond the Forth.










Sure, they're not great. But it's a start. You can see more of my photographic ineptitude on Flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/billyhamilton1980/

No comments: